Sunday, January 2, 2011

Saidah Baba Talibah - Place Called Grace

Took yesterday off, I think most people did. A little maxin' and relaxin', and checked out the UFC last night. Great fights, if you haven't seen them yet I recommend checking them out, particularly Edgar-Maynard. I won't spoil the results for you, but there were some surprises.

As I alluded to before, the blog is now going to take a slightly different course. Music will remain a focus, but I'm also going to start including links to other things that I find interesting, such as political interests, scientific news, and stuff that I find funny. I'm going to start adding stuff immediately as I find it, so updates might come at any point during the day. Gotta keep everyone on their toes.

Lacey posted Saidah Baba Talibah's video of this track today, so I thought I'd post this live cut. You'll notice in the real video the audio is really lo-fi, kinda scratch sounding. It's because she recorded it using a phone, hence the Phone Demos title. This live version was recorded entirely, video included, on a phone. Technology these days, I tell ya.

Saidah Baba Talibah - Place Called Grace [Live]



She's from Toronto, too. Crazy.

SCIENCE MATTERS

Walking Slows Progression Of Alzheimer's

Connection between physical health and the brain. Who knew?

POLITICS SUCKS

Glenn Greenwald vs CNN Wikileaks Debate

Greenwald makes CNN look really amateur. Surprise surprise.

JUST FOR LAUGHS

Baby Monkey Riding On A Pig

Thanks Carolyn, this is hilarious.

WEIRD OR WHAT

1000 Dead Birds Fall From Sky In Arkansas

Is that weird, or what?

No comments:

Post a Comment