Monday, January 3, 2011

Small Sins - Déjà Vu

I saw this video in the preview for the TRON movie, proof indeed that marketing is everything. I've since listened to the full album. Now I remember why marketing can only go so far. Well... judging by the top 40 countdowns these days I might be wrong there. Anywho, this is a catchy little ditty from Small Sins out of Toronto. The video, on the other hand, is pretty crappy. I know they had a small budget, but let's get serious. This seems to be a recurring theme with these guys.

In fact, these guys are almost the perfect reason why make believe pop artists exist. Not bad song writers, decent producers, but singing and actually performing the songs, not so much. I thought this was easily the best song on the album, the others were fairly forgettable. Maybe it's just me. I dunno. I find the guy's voice kind of whiny and didn't like his use of the chorus effect to make it more whiny. He gets away with it in this song, but I didn't think it worked in the rest. See what you think.

Small Sins feat. K-Os - Déjà Vu



Strange random cameo from K-Os to boot.

JUST FOR LAUGHS

Hulu 2009 Superbowl Commercial

How did I miss this? Hilarious on so many levels.

WEIRD OR WHAT

Shark Cage Accident

Don't worry, nobody gets eaten.

SIMPLY AWESOME

Idiot With A Tripod

Watch this short film in HD.

No comments:

Post a Comment