Friday, January 7, 2011

Robert Miles - Children

Back in 1994 Robert Miles arrived with this dandy, and was promptly never heard from again. He didn't actually disappear. He's not a magician. He just faded into mid-level obscurity because his music didn't really adhere itself to anything in the public musisphere. I doubt he had much going on in the big budget marketing department either.

In some cases I feel artists like these are hard done by, but in this one I just don't think Robert evolved much from those early days. I've had a chance to listen to a promo copy of his upcoming album "Thirteen", and it has its moments, but overall I just felt it was a bit repetitive and just lacked that certain something. It just kind of sounds like a jam band stuck in the guise of an electronic production, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel it needed a little more oomph, a little more direction.

Back to this song. This is one of the tunes that got me into the electronic genre and for that I am grateful. These many years later it's still an awesome song, and a cool video. Enjoy.

Robert Miles - Children



STUFF YOU SHOULD SEE

Anderson Cooper Interviews Andrew Wakefield On Autism

More poor journalism and interviewing from CNN.

"Blackout In A Can" Banned

I wouldn't drink it, but I'd like it to remain my choice.

Crocodile vs Electric Eel

Note to self: don't eat electric fishys.

No comments:

Post a Comment