Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sepultura - Ratamahatta

I went to Metal Monday last night, and unfortunately I missed Manlord and We, The Undersigned, but I did catch Iron Giant. Awesome stuff, great show. Metal fans tend to be badly stereotyped because they wear black and spikey stuff and have lots of tattoos and piercings. I find them to be some of the nicest people around, very soft spoken and of good humour. It seems to me that it's better to get your emotion out at a show or at home listening to some kickass tunes than taking it out on your fellow drivers on the highway, or the guy down at Tim Horton's.

Anyway I could never really classify myself as a metalhead per se, but I do have a lot of time for some really awesome LOUD! music. Really it's metal and industrial that got me into the electronic genre in the first place. In 1996 Sepultura came out with "Roots" that was an awesome follow up to earlier efforts and the last album to feature epic vocalist Max Cavalera. My favourite track is this one, which happened to have a sweet stop-motion Tool-esque video that I remember catching on Muchmusic. Oh, can you imagine? A metal video on Much? Thems were the days...


Need more loud angry awesomeness? Try this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment