Friday, February 12, 2010

Bryan Raydio - Vocal House Mix

I've been working on a few new tracks but in the meantime I thought I'd put a couple "live" mixes up here for fun. This is the first one, it's kind of a club-style vocal house mix. Not classic vocal house, more progressive, but vocals nonetheless. This is probably about as far mainstream as I like to go.

I mixed this on two Gemini MPX-40 cd players using an American Audio Q-D5 MKII mixer. The cd players aren't very good. The pitch control has a 0.1% minimum, so for longish house mixes you really have to ride the pitch bend or jog wheel to keep it steady. To make matters worse, these players have all kinds of problems keeping the beat steady when you change the pitch, particularly with the keylock on. To put this in perspective the Pioneer CDJ-1000's (and the 400's for that matter) have a 0.02% pitch resolution and are bang on. Oh well, you get what you paid for I guess. Scratching is possible on these things, but the cue point slips, again making things pretty difficult. The mixer is pretty basic but it has full kills on the EQs and the faders are pretty smooth.

Anyway the mix isn't perfect, but I have other stuff I want to move on to so I'm posting it anyway. There's a slight skip in the breakdown in the Rustler track because my computer skipped for some reason, and there's a couple choppy transitions I would change in the future, but it's not too too bad. Mostly just a fun mix of some cool clubby tunes and some neat remixes of old classics you may not have heard before. Also a shameless plug of my own track right in the middle.

*NOTE* - I received a DMCA complaint about this post. I have no idea what they were complaining about, and when I responded asking for clarification, I got no reply. Since I can't be bothered to 'fight' for the contents of this post, I've instead removed the vocal house mix from the post, and also from Soundcloud. It wasn't that flash anyway. I'll leave the tracklist below, and if you're really interested in hearing it message me and I'll send it to you.

Artist: Bryan Raydio
Title: Vocal House Mix
Label: Independent/Unsigned
Format: 320kbps MP3
Released: 11 February 2010
Genre: Vocal / Progressive House
Length: 58:37

TRACKLIST:

01. Chromeo - Needy Girl [Lifelike Remix]
02. Glamrock Brothers - Long Train Runnin' [Xadis Remix]
03. Armand van Helden - The Funk Phenomena [Starkillers Remix]
04. Deadmau5 - Dr. Funkenstein
05. Michael Jackson - Billie Jean [Steve Murano Mark Of Respect Mix]
06. Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love [Yeap! Remix]
07. Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams [Kriss-One Remix]
08. Rustler - Around The World
09. Bryan Raydio - Ain't Nobody
10. Green Velvet & Kid Sister - Everybody Wants
11. Will Bailey & Hot Mouth - Underwear Funk
12. The Sound Diggers - Dance Like This
13. Duck Sauce - Anyway
14. Bob Sinclar - Peace Song [David Tort Together Remix]
15. The Whitest Boy Alive - Golden Cage [Fred Falke Remix]

No comments:

Post a Comment