Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rascalz - Top Of The World

I've got an annoying ear infection right now, which is setting my production schedule back for a couple days (hopefully!), but it gave me a chance to pause and consider, amongst all this Canadian pride at the Olympics, how many people realise how many great Canadian artists are out there. This is particularly apparent to me in the hip-hop genre. For whatever reason I just feel that our guys pump out some mad tunes that I like moreso than most of the American stuff.

Of course this is a terrible generalisation and there are great hip-hop artists all over the world, but I'm just trying to use this as a segue into the fact that next week is going to be Toronto Hip-Hop week. Each day I'll post a different kick-ass tune from some of the badass acts out of my home town, the ol' 416. Until then, I leave you with this classic west coast flavour from the Rascalz, probably Vancouver's greatest hip-hop export.


Decepticons.

No comments:

Post a Comment