Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah

So my Dad tells me that K.D. Lang sang this song at the opening of the Olympics last week. K.D. doesn't like to use caps in her name. I don't like that she's stealing Kraft Dinner's initials. Can't say I'm a fan of her, but I do happen to be a big fan of the song. It was originally written by Leonard Cohen, who for me is a better poet than a singer, and has since been covered by lots of people. Tonella used to do a nice job of it a ways back. She's coming back east soon, by the way, you should definitely check her out.

I digress. The greatest rendition, for me, of this song, has always been the one that I happened to hear first. I saw this on MuchMusic many a moon ago and thought "wowzers" for two reasons. Firstly it was the first time I'd ever heard the late Jeff Buckley in action, and second it was the first time I'd heard this amazing song. It took me a little while to find the right version, but now here it is in its entirety. Enjoy.


Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment