Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Pretty Lights - Let 'Em Know It's Time To Go

The blog was getting a little stale so as you can see I've given it a bit of a face-lift. I'm not sure if I'll keep it like this, and I'm still tweaking the color scheme a bit, but it'll do for now.

This is Pretty Lights. I'd never heard of the guy until Paul was playing some his stuff before work the other night. What a great find! This guy mixes all kinds of different genres and plays some really phat mixes of old funk tunes, like this track that uses a sample from Stretch's classic "Why Did You Do It". Inspiring stuff, and I also like the live performance with the live drum set. I've been considering a framework for my own live work and something like this is definitely in the mix. Donso is another group experimenting in awesomeness, and I've included them as some bonus goodness.


BONUS BEATS!

Donso - Mogoya


Exciting times.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty lights = fucking amazing..

    Can't believe you've missed the boat on this.. well at least your onboard now..

    ReplyDelete