Friday, November 5, 2010

Hawksley Workman - We Will Still Need A Song

Ryan Corrigan, or Hawksley Workman to you, was born to perform. At least that's the impression you get when you hear his music, or see his videos, or better yet see his live performances. I haven't seen him live yet, but I've seen video and it's on my list of things to do. Mr. Workman likes to do things on a grand, epic scale. He likes hyperbole. He likes grandeur. He probably loves gunpowder. He's a passionate fellow.

I admit that when I was first introduced to him via his first single "Striptease", I wasn't a fan. This song, however, reverberated ever so effortlessly, and I must have played it a hundred times when I found it. Despite the absence of the more epic introduction from the album version of this track, the PG version of this song that's in the video is still a great song. I like artists that play with emotion and have some guts. Mr. Workman has plenty of that.

Hawksley Workman - We Will Still Need A Song



BONUS BEATS!

Hawskley Workman - Not Your Parents' Music



As the late, great Bill Hicks said, play from your f'in heart!

1 comment:

  1. Saw him live this past spring, he is an awesome entertainer. Don't miss it if you have a chance to see him, b-ray!!

    ReplyDelete