Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - Over The Rainbow

The weather has been particularly dreary for the past few days, and today is no exception. I'm also feeling slightly off so I thought I'd just picture somewhere warm and sunny and wonderful. Somewhere I've never been. Hawaii sounds perfect. Carrie posted this one the other day and I thought today was perfect for it.

Israel "IZ" Kamakawiwo'ole is a legend in Hawaii for his wonderful singing voice and traditional values. Sadly he passed away at the very young age of 38 due to complications from his weight, but he will be remembered forever because of his talent and energy. On a crappy day like today I can just play some IZ and dream that I'm on a mountain somewhere near Hilo. Hopefully some day I really will be.

Israel Kamakawaiwo'ole - Over The Rainbow



Thanks Izzy, I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment