Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Morcheeba - Even Though

It's been a busy weekend, and now I'm back in Halifax for a couple days. I've gotten a lot done on my own stuff over the past couple weeks, but right now I'm just updating my ever-growing database of tunage. For those of you who come out to the Phoenix early in the evening, particularly on Saturdays, you'll know that I like to play a lot of jazzy downtempo beats, lots of trip-hop and lo-fi goodies, so I've been getting more of that lately.

One of the groups that I've had a bit of, but now have much more of, is Morcheeba. Comprised of the Godfrey brothers, Paul and Ross, and singer Skye Edwards, they make great chillout tunes, and they've been doing it for years. You might have heard their track "Trigger Hippie" years back, it got fairly popular, but there's so much more in their catalog worth checking out. Here's a great rare live acoustic performance for your enjoyment.

Morcheeba - Even Though [Live @ Musiques Du Monde]



The original version is here, pretty sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment