Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Metric - Gimme Sympathy

Ever feel like you're really close to getting something or somewhere you've wanted for a long, long time? So close that you're almost scared to take that final step because you really don't have any idea what you're going to do once you get there? Like that anxiety before a big performance, or a championship game, or a last exam. You're prepared, ready, confident, and yet still scared to death of taking the final step. For whatever reason, I've been feeling that way for a few days. Time to step through the door I guess.

Anyway this song could be interpreted in many different ways, but for me it's about living life in the moment, on the edge, and stepping into the unknown. I'm sure you've all heard of Metric right now, so I won't bother saying anything except they're pretty cool. I like this song better acoustically than in its original version. Check 'er out.


Sympathy given.

No comments:

Post a Comment