Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight

Phil Collins has a new album coming out. For those who don't know, I'm a big fan. His album "...But Seriously" was the first compact disc I ever had, and it remains one of my all time favourite albums. That said, he's certainly put out some dross in his time. This new album, I fear, will end up largely in recycling bins from the initial sounds of it. Apparently old Phil has decided to "go back to motown". While I applaud the notion that we need more motown, and it's awesome that he got the Funk Brothers to be his band, you really have to wonder what the hell he was thinking covering a bunch of motown classics. I guess we all need to get paid some time. Here's a reminder of the awesome stuff he used to do.

Phil Collins - In The Air Tonight



BONUS BEATS!

Phil Collins - I'm Not Moving [Idjut Boys Edit]



It's ok Phil, you can retire now and we'll just forget about this album.

No comments:

Post a Comment