Saturday, August 28, 2010

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston

I'm in Boston right now, went to the UFC fan expo yesterday and it was mayhem. For any fan of MMA, I highly recommend going and checking one out, there's just a ridiculous amount of stuff to do and see. Much respect to all the UFC fighters too, who stand around and take pictures with literally thousands of fans during the weekend and have a smile on their face for each and every one.

Jon "Bones" Jones, Wanderlei Silva, and Clay Guida were particularly impressive in their commitment to the fans, but mad respect has to go to Bas Rutten for signing autographs from 11am until 7pm with only a 40 minute break in between. What a legend. Tonight I go to the big show at the TD Gardens, and I expect it will be even better than the expo. The UFC definitely has the athletic world at their feet.

I also saw Joe Rogan live last night at the Wilbur Theatre, and he was hilarious. Props also to him for doing his set, and then standing on stage for almost an extra hour talking about anything the audience wanted. Great time, highly recommended.

Anyway back to music, I suppose I should have posted this yesterday, but I was busy. The Dropkick Murphys are as Boston as it gets and this song is pretty much a Boston anthem, so here ya go.

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston



For the record, I'm picking Penn, Couture, Florian, Miranda, and Diaz.

No comments:

Post a Comment