Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weezer - The Good Life

"Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth..." - Ecclesiastes 11:9

A big high five for whoever can tell me what movie that line preceded.

Even though some Jay-Z guy keeps telling me that 30 is the new 20, and I like to think that I'm still "living the dream", every now and then I can't help but think that I've lost the best part already. Thankfully, I know that this is patently ridiculous. Why in blazes should the first 30 years of your life be the best when, in most cases, you're not even half way through the course yet? If that was really the truth, then what the hell are we doing wrong, and why should we even bother with the second half? No, I think this is nonsense.

I'm not an Oprah fan by any stretch of any imagination, but I did happen to catch this particular episode with Jerry Seinfeld and there's a nice little story that starts around the 6:10 mark that has some useful advice. Give it a listen and think about it for a bit.

Anyway this song goes out to the big P.W., to me, to all of you who think the best days are past, and to Rivers Cuomo, because Jesus is fighting for Weezer too. Even he knows I'm nothing at all without my mojo.


The best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment