Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Thank You Scientist - My Famed Disappearing Act

What's in a name? I'm not sure how exactly it really contributes to the success of a band, but the ones I'm posting today certainly have unique monikers.

These guys have been getting a lot of support lately from Coheed & Cambria, who they'll be opening for on tour. It's not hard to see why, they have a really unique instrumentation and complex songs that are clearly heavily influenced by Coheed, as well as progressive groups like Tool, the Mars Volta, and even a little Dream Theater.. The musicianship is pretty impressive, which I imagine is almost a burden given that so many strong players are in the group and there's only so much money to go around.

Their album is getting a sort of re-release party even though it actually came out a couple years ago. I guess it's getting re-mixed/mastered, which is probably a good thing since I thought that part left a lot to be desired in the initial offering. The songs have a lot of potential. Check it out, it's well worth a listen, definitely not your every day indie punk group. If you're into the bands I've mentioned you'll definitely enjoy the sound.


No comments:

Post a Comment