Friday, June 4, 2010

Broken Bells - The High Road

I've had a few "requests" for this one (requests on a blog? does that even make sense?) and admittedly it's hardly "new" but it's taken me a little while to get into it. After listening to it a few times it's starting to grow on me. Wait, is that why all that pop crap is so... popular? Marketers, kill yourselves!

Anyway this is Broken Bells, a collaboration of Danger Mouse and James Mercer of The Shins fame. I'm not a huge fan of The Shins, but they've got some cool tracks. I definitely dig Danger Mouse, especially his work with Gnarls Barkley. He's produced some pretty sick albums along the way, so I was definitely interested when I heard about Broken Bells. I can't say I like it as much as his other stuff, but it's worth a couple listens. Maybe you'll dig it more than me.


Bells, bells, bells...

No comments:

Post a Comment